2014 October: Janis & Bill's Tasting in Worthing
"Wines with a Hint of Scotland"
(No tasting notes available for this event, if anyone has kept any please pass them on and they could then be included in a later update!)
1. Paul Cluver (2012) Sauvignon Blanc: Elgin, South Africa, 13.5% £11.50 from Butlers in Brighton
2. Iona (2009) Chardonnay: Highlands, Elgin, South Africa, 13.5% £11.50 (Bill couldn't remember from where this was bought!)
3. Cascina Morassino (2011) Dolcetto d'Alba: Barbaresco Piedmonte Italy, 13% £14.99 from Hennings
4. Crozes Hermitage - Les Hauts de Pavières (2009) Caves de Tain, Syrah: Tain, France 12.5% £9.99 from The Wine Society
5. Châteaux Mayraguese, Les Mages (2012) Braucol/Cabernet Sauvignon (Fer Servadou): Gaillac, France 12.5% £15.00 from the producer
6. Vin Alba Reserva (2010) Cab/Sauv, Malbec, Petit Verdot: Mendoza, Argentina, 14.5% £11.00 from Majestic
7. Campbell's 'Bobby Burns' (2010) Durif: Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia, 15.5%(!!) £16.99 from Hennings
8. The McRae Wood (2010) Shiraz: Clare Valley, South Australia, 14% £29.99 from Waitrose
9. MacForbes 'Blind Spot' (N/V) Muscat: Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia, 17.5% £7.25 x 2 from The Wine Society
Both Janis & Bill spent the evening resplendent in their Scottish outfits, Bill's kilt and sporran absolutely stole the show and the Haggis supper with Neeps & Tatties (prepared and presented by Janis) was superb! Everyone went back for 'seconds'.